Wednesday, October 21, 2009

All the Best - movie review


After seeing Ajay Devgan trying to dance in Golmaal, frankly speaking, I had no expectations from this movie. He seems better suited to the serious brooding type of roles like in Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam..
However, kudos to Rohit Shetty for the excellent comic timing and brilliant character development. I remember laughing so hard in one of the scenes that I banged my head against the seat. This movie came dangerously close to Bheja Fry for me, but just missed by a small mark because of its inanity (In bheja fry I was laughing with my hands and legs up in the air.. My brother was about to disown me out of sheer embarassment)

Since there is no story whatsoever and most of the times I was wondering "What the hell is going on!", I would just like to point out some interesting observations. The story starts picking up speed when Sanjay Dutt comes in. Poor Ajay Devgan tries to hold the show with stupid Fardeen Khan till then. Dont get me wrong, I think Fardeen Khan is extremely charming, but only off the camera. In front of it, he is a bumbling fool. Mughdha Godse, please get some acting lessons before you become a live example of "came with a bang, left without a whimper.. " The cameraderie seems mostly artificial till Sanjay Dutt steps in so just hold on till then. The side characters have peculiar traits which have you in splits towards the end of the movie. The litmus test of a comedy is if you come out laughing and keep laughing the next day remembering some of the jokes.

All the best has passed the litmus test! Just keep your gray cells at home and you'll have a ball of a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment