Saturday, November 19, 2011

The paratha paradox

I love parathas. They're roti and subzee mixed all-in-one! You can just roll them up and be done with dinner in a few bites. Or lunch. I mean, alu parathas are heavy, I assumed they're best for a good heavy lunch.


Boy was I wrong! As I landed in the land of Parathas and looked forward to filling myself to my heart's content with alu paratha, muli paratha, gobi paratha and even rabri paratha, I found out that looking for a paratha in the north after 10 am is like looking for water on Mars.

Plus if you ask any waiter or a street vendor for one, they look at you as if you've come from outer space. "Paratha toh sirf dus baje tak milta hai madam."

Considering how I'm never up at that hour, (dozing either at home or in office) I wonder when I'll get any parathas. I think parathe wali galli might be the only place in the entire Delhi where you can get parathas in the evening. I say lunch, they say snack! Jheejhus!

Image courtesy: http://chakali.blogspot.com

3 comments:

  1. Harpreet Singh TakhiNovember 29, 2011 at 2:32 AM

    :)
    Is "parathe wali galli" better than "Chaitanya Pune" ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are You Alone, Looking For Local male/female friends? Just call now and Make Friendship.
    Click On Link http://www.samparknetwork.com/ or directly contact on numbers given below:

    09734034444,
    09734045555,
    09734056666,
    09734067777

    ReplyDelete