Saturday, June 13, 2009

Yoga

Outside yoga: "Yoga is like a prayer from the entire body. It does to your body what meditation does to your mind. Yoga is AWESOME! You should definitely try it out.. It will take care of right away!! "

Inside yoga class: "Damn this minute hand. Why cant it move any faster? Which genius decided that an hour should have 60 mins? It should be more like 15 mins.. " Interrupted by my teacher coming and twisting my already twisted ankle further till I can no longer feel anything waist down... "Argghhh, why do I put myself through this torture every week!!"

So, when does the transformation happen? Certainly not the moment I step outside class when my legs are still wobbling and I am walking like a new born puppy towards my bike, barely managing to reach it just in time before I topple on to it.. But you know what yoga does to you? It's like an awakening..

Have you ever got the feeling that you were sleeping till something came and woke you up? Your whole perspective changes.. That's how yoga works. Once you've done yoga, you always sit a little straighter, stand a little taller, shoulders back, chest open, feet on their outer edge (that's for people with flat feet) Yoga is a way of life. The best part is, when you are done with yoga, you feel so great that you want to do it all over again. It's like taking alcohol for the kick. You gotta drink that bitter foul tasting liquid but when the kick comes, its heaven.

Believe me, the kick that you get after yoga hits you is way better than anything else.. ;) So I urge all my readers to go yoga! Yoga rox!

No comments:

Post a Comment